In Nigeria we mostly have a very hot climate and flies love a hot weather and they are seen everywhere. If you happen to be in an area with a lot of trees e.g mango tree. You would definitely get in contact with one. They also flock around garbage and decomposed materials a.k.a your dbkustbin.
These vile creatures can be very disturbing and they infect people with diseases, have you heard of trypanosomiasis! They hum into your ears and fly around people especially when they are a lot of them, the most irritable part is some of those flies might have just left the toilet after having contact with feaces, then they land on your food or on your hair or any part of your body. That is something that should be prevented at all cost.
I have often wondered how can we get rid of these creatures. Here are the solutions to get rid of that one insect that virtually everyone hates! FLIES!
1. Usage of vodka: flies hate the smell of vodka. Create a mixture of vodka, aloe vera juice and oil and rub it on your body or the infested area.
2. Hairspray: hairspray is said to freeze the wings of flies to make them slower.
3. Lemon grass oil: this is said to be the most effective repellant. You can mix it with water and put In a spray bottle.
4. Fly papers: They are used to trap flies as it is coated with a sweet fragrance and and it’s very sticky. How you can make one is to follow this STEP
* Get a brown paper sheet, scissors,heating pan, corn syrup, large spoon, water and thread.
* Cut the brown paper and make it two inches wide, aftafterwards put the corn syrup and water on fire and mix with the large spoon until it starts boiling. Then dip the brown paper sheet in the mixture for 5 hours and dry the sheet for 3 hours.
5. orange peel and Onion juice: This only works for houseflies. Just put it in the infested area and it will repel then, meanwhile it doesn’t work on fruit flies.
6. Detergent: most of the soaps we use to wash and clean in the house contains BORAX which is to repel insects. Get a spray bottle and add one of your soap for washing e.g Mama lemon, Morning fresh etc. Also add water and put it in a spay bottle.
I hope this Article was very informative?